Invitation to press conference
When: 26/06/2014, 13:00
Where: Action camp (Boulevard Simon Bolivar, opposite Immigartion Office, Brussels)
Contact: 0049 152132723 66, 0032 466294231
Transnational Action Camp
Refugees, Migrants and Sans-Papiers March for Freedom
BRUXELLES – En tant que mouvement transnational d’environ 400 réfugié-e-s, migrant-e-s, sans-papiers et d’autres militant-e-s, nous invitons les médias et syndicats à la conférence de presse de demain au camp d’action que nous avons construit vendredi dernier après 500 km de marche militante contre les politiques migratoires de l’UE. Vous découvrirez notre camp militant et nos revendications politiques.
Le Marche pour la Liberté, une marche auto-organisée de réfugié-e-s, sans-papiers, migrant-e-s et autres militant-e-s venant des États membres et voisins de l’UE, est une action politique de désobéissance collective.
BRUSSELS – As a transnational movement of around 400 refugees, migrants, sans-papiers and other activists, we invite the media and trade unions to tomorrow’s press conference at the action camp which we built up last Friday after our 500 km protest march against the European Union’s migration policies. You will get to know our activist camp and political agenda.
The March For Freedom, a self-organized protest march of refugees, Sans-Papiers, migrants and other activists from member and neighbour States of the EU, is a political action of collective disobediance aiming at refugee empowerment and unity.
On 18 May 2014, we – many of us threatened by the Dublin regulation, the GermanResidenzpflicht, deportation orders… – began marching by foot 500 km from Strasbourg to Brussels by crossing the border from Germany to France. At every stage of our march, we carried out political actions: In Schengen, we rewrote the Schengen Agreement, in Luxemburg, we demanded to take part in the Summit of the Ministers of the Interior of the members states of the EU, in Arlon and again in Brussels, we denounced the colonial memorial honouring King Leopold II of Belgium… Here, in Brussels, we will impose that the European Council, on 26 and 27 June 2014, sets a new agenda for migration with the collaboration of refugees, Sans-Papiers and migrants. We demand:
- end of the exploitation of our home countries, war business and its consequences by the EU (migrants displaced by NATO war from their life and work in Lybia, forced to live as in on the streets, forbidden to work in Europe, the disappeared on European soil..)
- freedom of movement and residency for asylum seekers (abolition of Dublin regulation trap end of obligatory residence in camps troughout Europe)
- end of imprisonment and deportation
- equal political, social and cultural rights
- right to study and work in equal conditions
- permanents document without criteria
- the abolition of the repressive and securitarian anti-migration policies which push refugee to massive attacks at the border and death.
The March For Freedom 2014